If you have children in this school/district
Have you had Alief ISD Mentor Training?
If so, what year were you trained?
If you have an existing Alief ISD Volunteer Badge Number, please enter it here:
Code of Ethics and Responsibilities Agreement
Volunteer Code of Ethics
As a volunteer, I realize I am subject to the same high code of ethics as that of the paid professional. I expect to be held accountable for fulfilling my responsibilities.
I promise to serve with an attitude of open-mindedness, a willingness to be trained, and a respect for confidential matters. My goal is dedicated service to the students of
the Alief Independent School District.
What Are Your Responsibilities as a Volunteer?
Note: Failure to follow the Volunteer Code of Ethics and the Responsibilities thereof will result in the termination of your volunteer services.
- Be sure to sign in and out of the school and wear your VIPS badge.
- Be a positive role model by acting professionally and dressing appropriately.
- Be familiar with all school policies, such as use of office machines, parking regulations, and emergency procedures.
- Remember that all school, staff, and student information is confidential.
- Remember that it is the principal’s decision when to allow volunteers into the building and what tasks the volunteers are allowed to do.
- Be considerate of teachers’ time schedules.
- Never discipline or touch a student.
- Never allow a child to leave your care.
- Please remember that the parent role is separate from the volunteer role. Please refrain from visiting your child’s classroom or teacher during instruction hours.
- Notify, as soon as possible, the school’s Family Liaison or Volunteer Coordinator if you must be absent.
- Discuss any concerns with the campus volunteer coordinator, principal, or the central VIPS office (281-498-8110, extension 2550).
Criminal History Authorization
By typing the word YES in the box below, I am stating that I have read
the Code of Ethics and Responsibilities above and understand that failure to comply
will result in the termination of my volunteer service. I also hereby give the
Alief independent school district (hereinafter referred to as the school district) explicit
permission to conduct a background check on me and to obtain any and all records resulting from
such inquiry. I understand that the criminal record check will be done every school year and will
be limited to that information which is needed pursuant to my request to become or continue to be a
volunteer and/or support personnel with the school district.